The National School Boards Association (NSBA) is seeking an experienced individual to manage NSBA’s national grassroots operations, programs and services.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the operations of NSBA’s grassroots advocacy program to achieve the maximum participation from NSBA’s board of directors.
- NSBA Federation members and school board members nationwide.
- Manages the daily operations of the National School Boards Action Center (NSBAC) within the strategic direction of the Federal Advocacy team.
- Manages the Grassroots Operations budget and program activities for Field Advocacy including major campaign initiatives, legislative fly-in meetings, legislative committees; advocacy action groups and the grassroots expansion project.
- Plans the execution of the three-day Advocacy Institute conference in Washington, D.C. with strategic input from the Chief Advocacy Officer, the Chief Legal Officer and the Chief Communications Officer as well as collaborates with the meetings and conference team to ensure relevant content, programing and speakers.
- This position shall secure nationally recognized keynote speakers (including Members of Congress and the Administration); and manages NSBA’s Day on Capitol Hill.
- Evaluates, selects, purchases and manages the grassroots technologies necessary (including the master database) for an effective advocacy program.
- Manages the content and use of the NSBA’s legislative action center, tracks contact made to members of Congress, analyzes the efforts of grassroots members, and provides updates to NSBA leadership.
- Manages the Conference of State Association Legislative Staff (CSALS) program.
- Plans and manages an annual three-day meeting, budget and programming, as well as year-round communications between NSBA and CSALS members, including calls to action.
- Serves as liaison to the CSALS chair and members of the CSALS program.
- Works with Marketing and Communication to ensure that NSBAC.org remains current, including weekly highlights and calls to action. and meets the needs of grassroots network members, Federation Members, Congress and the media.
- Responsible for monitoring the budget, marketing, expansion and services for the Federal Policy Coordinators Network (FPC), a revenue generating program.
- Serves as the day-to-day point of contact to the communications department regarding press releases and cultivating working relationships with media representatives that directly impact the work of Federal Advocacy and Public Policy.
- Manages the Grassroots Advocacy Coordinator, including day to day management, annual reviews, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, political management or a related field; experience working with a grassroots advocacy program and/or managing grassroots mobilization in a federal electoral campaign; experience organizing and executing conferences and events, excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send resume, cover letter & salary requirements to: NSBA, Attn: HR/Manager Grassroots Advocacy 1680 Duke Street, 2FL, Alexandria, VA 22314-3493. Resumes may be e-mailed to email@example.com.