The National School Boards Association (NSBA) seeks a conscientious and experienced professional to join the Public Advocacy and Communications team. The digital strategist will play a key role in the association’s efforts to achieve advocacy, business and membership objectives. The digital strategist will be responsible for developing and coordinating a digital vision and strategies to expand NSBA’s digital reach and maximize the effectiveness of the association’s programs and initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead digital initiatives within NSBA, serving as a strategic advisor to Public Advocacy and Communications; Equity and Member Services; Federal Advocacy and Public Policy; Legal Advocacy; and Finance and Administration on digital content and development.
- Create a digital roadmap and prioritization, in coordination with the Chief Communications Officer and Director, Public Advocacy and Communications, to support and advance strategic goals and initiatives.
- Ensure overall brand consistency on all digital platforms.
- Participate in the development of revenue generation opportunities in coordination with the senior management team.
- Develop and manage compelling content, including writing action alerts, marketing appeals, social media copy, website updates, digital advertisements, online petitions and other digitally-based creative materials and ensure the content is distributed to have maximum impact.
- Develop and oversee a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) program.
- Develop formal processes and methodologies for approaching, managing and implementing digital assignments.
- Provide coaching and training to staff outside of Communications. Develop measurement analytics and reports, and report on progress on ongoing initiatives and specific projects.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Proactive self-starter with agility to flex from high-level strategist and tactical thinker to practical implementation and day-to-day execution.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative thinker with direct experience and successful track record of delivering creative, strategically thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact.
- 3+ years of experience in a digital environment, engaged in website, social, mobile, search, marketing, online advertising and integrated campaigns, ideally in a consulting, business development, and/or strategic development role.
- Demonstrated ability to apply research insights to strategic plans.
- Thorough understanding and engagement with major social media platforms, Google Analytics, and other planning, monitoring and measurement tools.
- 2+ years of experience in SEO, SEM and reputation management.
- Experience with Sitecore and Drupal.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and prioritization skills.
- Experience overseeing a wide portfolio of projects and demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Political Science, Psychology, Computer Engineering/Science or Digital Media Studies
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter & salary requirements to NSBA, Attn: HR/Digital Strategist, 1680 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314-3493. Resumes and cover letters may also be faxed to (703) 837-9151 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.nsba.org/about-us/careers for more details.