National Connection (NatCon) is the leading national executive information and networking service for school board leaders and senior district staff. Education is a local activity but is shaped by national trends. With content that is targeted, relevant, and easy to access, board members can become thought leaders who place their local issues in a national context.
Exclusive Member Benefits
National Connection Daily
National Connection Daily is your morning executive news briefing, providing both national and local news from across the U.S. With a quick scan of the headlines each morning, school board leaders can be current on the latest in education news and stay ahead of the forces impacting education.
Get up-to-date, inside-the-beltway education information straight from NSBA’s Chief Legal Officer Francisco M. Negrón Jr., and Director of Lobbying and Federal Legislation Deborah Rigsby. This format allows you to listen on the go! Click herefor the latest episode.
The National Connection HUB is the portal for almost all the National Connection online program benefits. On the HUB you will find:
- News You Can Use: Blog posts and webinars from the team at NSBA on national education topics.
- CPE Briefing Room: An archive of exclusive video briefings on the latest reports from the Center for Public Education.
- The Leadership Resource Center: A collection of nationally developed summaries and tools that inform and equip school boards with promising practices in school governance and leadership.
- The Public Engagement Toolkit: An online resource of practical tools to help school boards strengthen support for public education.
- Latest Discussions: Our online networking and discussion forum that can also be accessed by logging into the HUB, or entirely by email. As is the case with all the NatCon resources, these boards are designed to be relevant and easily accessed.
Plus, read our “Meet a School Board Member” profiles, search our national directory of National Connection participants, or discover exciting resources developed by one of our state school boards association members. It’s all on the HUB.
American School Board Journal (ASBJ) is the premier magazine for school leaders, and both the print and digital versions are included with your participation in NatCon.
ASBJ Brief: A monthly e-newsletter with exclusive content and offers for National Connection districts.
NatCon provides a litany of Annual Conference related benefits including:
- 20% registration discount for all attendees from participating districts which can amount to over $1,500 in savings for a 7-person board.
- Early access to registration and the NSBA housing block in the conference city
- Discounts on many of the conference optional events
- Exclusive access to the National Connection Lounge for networking, relaxing, or grabbing a snack.
- A special track of educational sessions designed just for National Connection participants.
How to Join
Join today! Fees are based on the number of students in your district, and districts joining for the first time receive a first-year discount. Not only will your board and up to five members of the school district staff enjoy all of the benefits listed above, you’ll be joining over 13,000 of your colleagues around the country in becoming the thought leaders your students need. To learn more and join contact us at email@example.com or 703-838-6722.