Get your Leaders on Board!
NSBA’s National Connection Program is serious about serving district leaders! Based on years of experience with NSBA’s Technology Leadership Network, this move ensures key district leaders are hearing the same message as their board members about critical national issues and trends. The program invites you to add cabinet-level roles that address technology, curriculum, facilities, safety, and business to your roster at no additional charge making the National Connection an even better value.
Register for a chance to bring your whole team to NSBA’s 2018 annual conference in San Antonio, Texas! You can register while at the AASA conference by stopping by NSBA’s booth 220 in New Orleans. At the end of the conference, a random drawing will be held and the winner will receive free basic registration to the NSBA’s 2018 annual conference for up to 8 board members or senior staff members. This prize is valued at more than $6,000.00. The prize only includes the basic registration fee for the conference, which does not include the costs of any events where meals are being served or any other special events that have costs associated with them.
Additionally, it does not include any transportation costs, or travel expenses, nor does it include the costs of hotel rooms, meals or other lodging. The winner will be notified on March 6, 2017.
Your National Executive-Level Resource
National Connection is the leading national executive information and networking service for school board leaders and senior school district staff. Education is a local activity, but is shaped by national trends. With content that is targeted, relevant, and easy to access, board members can become thought leaders who place their local issues in a national context.
National Connection DailyNational Connection Daily is your morning executive news briefing, providing both national and local news from across the U.S. With a quick scan of the headlines each morning, school board leaders can be current on the latest in education news, and stay ahead of the forces impacting education.
- Latest Discussions: Our online networking and discussion forum (a national listserv) that can also be accessed entirely by email. And you can always return online to read what you’ve missed or download any files that were shared.
- News You Can Use: Our blogs from the team at NSBA on national education topics.
- CPE Briefing Room: Center for Public Education Director Patte Barth gives you an exclusive video briefing on its latest reports.
- Federal Insider: Our quarterly dive into the big legal and legislative issues affecting education from the talented advocacy team at NSBA.
- The Leadership Resource Center: A collection of nationally developed summaries and tools that inform and equip school boards with promising practices in school governance and leadership.
- The Public Engagement Toolkit: An online resource of practical tools to help school boards strengthen support for public education.
- Plus, read our “Meet a School Board Member” profiles, search our national directory of National Connection participants, or discover an exciting resource developed by one of our state school boards association members. It’s all on the HUB.
NewsBytesThe bi-weekly e-newsletter of National Connection, keeps you up to date on your National Connection resources and the latest news from NSBA.
- 20% registration discount for all of the attendees from your district, over a $1,500 savings for a 7-person board.
- Early access to registration and the NSBA housing block in the conference city
- Discounts on many of the conference optional events
- A special National Connection Lounge for networking, relaxing, or grabbing a snack
- A special track of educational sessions just for National Connection participants
How to Join
Join online today. Fees are based on the number of students in your district, and districts joining for the first time receive a first-year discount. Not only will your board and up to 5 members of the school district staff enjoy all of the benefits listed above, you’ll be joining over 17,000 of your colleagues around the country in becoming the thought leaders your students need.