New President. New Congress. New Challenges.
Advocacy Institute 2017
2017 Advocacy Institute Resource Materials
Please find below links to the materials referenced at the Advocacy Institute in January.
- 2016 NSBA Beliefs and Policies.pdf
- 2016 NSBA Resolutions.pdf
- 2017 AI Hill Leave Behind.pdf
- AI 2017 Homework.pdf
- AI2017 Legislative Priorities Powerpoint.pdf
- Career & Technical Education Issue Brief 12-21-20.pdf
- Child nutrition Issue Brief 12-21-16.pdf
- ESSA Issue Brief 1-21-17.pdf
- Funding Issue Brief 12-21-20.pdf
- IDEA Issue Brief 1-26-17.pdf
- NSBA DeVos Confirmation Letter.pdf
- NSBA Transition Memo 12.21.16.pdf
Be a part of history in the making.
Sunday, January 29-Tuesday, January 31
Marriott Marquis Hotel
January 2017 will bring historic changes to Washington. The Administration will be 9 days old and advocates for public education can make a deep impression on the new Congress.
Featured Speaker: Renowned Presidential Scholar and commentator Doris Kearns Goodwin, author of Team of Rivals and other presidential biographies.
What is Advocacy Institute?
An annual gathering of local school board members who are motivated and energized to advocate for their public schools on Capitol Hill and in their home states.
- NSBA will help you develop a winning advocacy strategy to help you in Washington, D.C. and at home.
- Attend timely and topical breakout sessions lead by NSBA’s knowledgeable staff and outside experts.
- Expand your advocacy network by swapping best practices, challenges, and successes with other school board members from across the country.