Help Secure America’s Future While You Build Your Own
NSBA’s headquarters are located in Alexandria, Va., 8.5 miles south of Washington, D.C. The Washington metro area offers many career opportunities and some of the best public schools in the nation. NSBA’s salaries and benefits are competitive with other employers in the area.
NSBA’s regular full-time employees enjoy the following comprehensive benefits package:
A Modern Work Environment
- Full-time employees work a 7 hour day, 35 hour week.
- Core work hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Employees may vary their work hours to start between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.
- NSBA supports teleworking when it benefits both NSBA and the employee.
- Twelve months of continuous employment is required before teleworking can begin.
Public Transit Subsidy
- Tax-free public transit subsidy benefit through the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) SmartBenefits program.
- Transit smart cards can be used on a variety of transportation systems in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.
- Full-time and Part-time employees are eligible to receive a public transit subsidy.
- Monthly parking is available adjacent to the building
- Travel accident insurance
- Employees traveling on NSBA-approved business are covered by travel accident insurance
15 days of vacation leave per fiscal year for the first five years of your employment20 days of vacation leave per fiscal year after five years of employment25 days of vacation leave per fiscal year after fifteen years of employment
- Eleven paid holidays each year; four holidays are “floating holidays”:
- New Year’s Day
- Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. (floating holiday)
- Presidents’ Day (floating holiday)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day (floating holiday)
- Veterans’ Day (floating holiday)
- Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
Employees may elect to work on any floating holiday and take the holiday at another time during the fiscal year.
- 12 days per fiscal year
- 90 days maximum accrual
Paid Personal Leave
Employees occasionally require time off to attend to personal needs and other emergencies. NSBA offers employees personal leave in addition to vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
A Healthy ‘Now’
Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
NSBA offers medical, dental, and vision plans to employees and their dependents, and to qualified same sex domestic partners, as permitted by law in the Commonwealth of Virginia. These plans provide comprehensive medical, dental, surgical, and preventive benefits associated with office visits, laboratory expenses, hospitalization, and prescription expenses.
NSBA offers employees multiple health insurance plan options administered by an area industry leader.
Employees have the option to elect plans with a range of benefits that balance cost with the level of care and convenience desired.
Employee Assistance Program
Confidential counseling and referral service for employees and their familiesAdministered through INOVA EAP
Flexible Spending Accounts
Save money by paying for eligible out-of-pocket expenses with pretax dollars.
- Health care - $2,650 per year maximum allocation
- Dependent care – $5,000 per year maximum allocation
A More Secure Future
NSBA 403(b) Plan
NSBA employees participate in a 403(b) tax-deferred annuity program. NSBA provides:
- A non-elective (“base”) and matching contributions to supplement employee deferral amounts after one year of service.
- Matching contributions to supplement employee deferral amounts
NSBA provides employees:
- Basic term life
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
Employees Can Elect:
- Additional life insurance coverage
- Limited dependent coverage for spouses and dependent children
- Short and Long Term Insurance is provided by NSBA at no cost to eligible employees.
- Employees and their families have the option of enrolling in a prepaid legal services plan to cover general legal services.
- Employees assume the entire cost of premiums and services received through this program.