Professional Development and CLE Opportunities for School Lawyers
Our school law seminars and webinars offer invaluable professional development opportunities and CLE credit for school lawyers. These programs are presented by school law practitioners for school law practitioners and target your professional needs.
School Law Seminars
School Law Seminars are held twice a year in the spring and fall. The spring School Law Seminar is held in conjunction with NSBA’s Annual Conference and draws hundreds of school attorneys from across North America. In the fall, the School Law Practice Seminar dives deep into complex, practice-related issues. In addition, participants can earn 11-plus hours of CLE credit at each seminar. Filing CLE credit and assuring approval in your state is an integral part of our seminar program.
School Law Webinars
COSA presents webinars on topics of critical interest to public school districts and their legal counsel. COSA members receive deep discounts for these online opportunities. Pay just one low fee per conference “site” and include as many of your colleagues and clients as you like—a great value for your training dollar. CLE available in many states. Contact Laura Kisthardt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on CLE.
- New webinar schedule available now. Check here for more information.
Free Webinar Recording for COSA Members
27 Things Every School Attorney Should Know was presented by former COSA Chair and honorary “dean” of School Law Dean Pickett who provided an inspirational and thought-provoking session that will be meaningful for new and seasoned school attorneys alike.
Well-known national speaker and COSA board member Jim Walsh offers invaluable tips on presenting to educators and attorneys in this recording of his "So They Asked You to Do a Presentation..." webinar from July 29, 2015. This recording is a must for any school attorney! Watch now
Purchase Recorded Webinars
Don’t forget that if you missed a webinar, you can easily purchase a recording by going here.
Recorded webinar topics include:
- Student Harassment and Violence: Advising Schools on Handling Complaints, Restraining Orders, and Separation
- An Anti-Christ to Yoga Update on Religion and K-12 Public Schools
- Website Accessibility for School Districts: OCR Enforcement Activity and Best Practices
- Student Data Privacy: What Changes Are Ahead?
- A School Attorney's Guide to ADA Accommodations for Employees
- Navigating the Brackish Waters of Section 504/ADA/IDEA
- School Law Primer: Teacher Discipline
- and much more.