Poor communication is the result of many factors. The
following list represents some of the most common barriers:
- Sender has poor knowledge of the subject or is
- Sender does not believe in the message or support the
policy behind it.
- Receiver has poor knowledge of subject or is inadequately
- Receiver is not interested in the subject.
- Sender or receiver is temporarily preoccupied.
- People unintentionally fail to say what they mean.
- Sender and receiver have different vocabularies.
- Cultural differences exist between communicators.
- Professional differences exist between communicators.
- Communicators have different assumptions.
- Status differences (leader-member) exist between
- One of the communicators has negative or hostile
reactions to the other.
- One or both parties are unintentionally
- Outside interference or distractions have occurred.
- Pressure of time does not allow effective communications