Houston ISD/Dave Einsel: www.houstonisd.org
Beliefs, Policies, and Resolutions of the National School Boards Association
The public school boards of America, united in their school boards associations and members into the National School Boards Association and its National Connection participants, believe that:
- Education is a civil right.
- It is necessary to the dignity and freedom of the American people.
- All students should have equal access to an education that maximizes their individual potential.
Read the complete text of “Beliefs and Policies of the National School Boards Association” for more information about NSBA’s beliefs and policies on:
- control and support of public schools
- responsibilities of local school boards
- federal assistance to education
- the educational program
- relationships with association members and school boards
- relationships with other groups
Resolutions of the National School Boards Association
The resolutions enacted by the 2016 Delegate Assembly of the National School Boards Association which met in Boston, Massachusetts, on April 8, 2016 originated from numerous school board sources throughout the United States, its territories, and possessions. Final debate and enactment of resolutions submitted are effected by the Delegate Assembly, which consists of local school board members from the various states and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Read the complete text of “Resolutions of the National School Boards Association” for more information about NSBA’s core resolutions and additional resolutions. The 2016 core resolutions include:
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Implementation
- Opposition to Unlawful Expansion of Executive Authority
- Teacher and Principal Effectiveness