Process and Performance Management
The American Productivity and Quality Center’s Education North Star Project is a transformational public K-12 education improvement project using process and performance management, benchmarking and best practices to empower school districts to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Founded in 1977, APQC is the leading resource for process and performance analytics, best practices, process improvement, and knowledge management, providing leaders with methodology to transform their organizations. APQC Education was established in 1996 with the vision of utilizing the same strategies that transformed businesses to enhance the U.S. education system. Since then, APQC Education has worked with over 161 districts and schools in 41 states with exceptional results, identifying improvement opportunities with districts’ routine operations and academic processes.
In 2009, APQC Education conducted a pilot program with 10 districts, called the North Star Project, to illustrate the impact that Process and Performance Management Professional Development can have in education. In one year, these 10 districts saved $17.5 million dollars and released over 40,000 hours back into the classroom. Since that time the North Star Community has grown to 56 school districts across the United States and Australia and members have saved over $50 million dollars on completed projects.
APQC Education offers the following types of events and services focused on Process and Performance Management professional development for School Board members and District Leaders across the country:
- Free webinars – to build awareness
- Conference presentations – to build awareness
- Professional Development – fee-based training for School Board members and District Leaders
- Workshops – focused on specific one-day or half-day topics – onsite or via interactive video
- North Star Community – in-depth work with District Leaders and Board Members
- Sit and Go – just-in-time learning modules to provide quick teaching and ensure continued success
Contact your state association to learn whether APQC North Star services are available in your state.